Random Chit Chat

Re: Random Chit Chat #4

The Honda Odyssey is FWD anyways, so I think its more like your dad was no match for his drivetrain. :p

yea, but isn't a donut nothing more than an extreeme case of fishtailing where the front wheels are basically on the same spot?

He slammed on the gas, and then made a hard left as he slammed on the brake.

The ABS kept the wheels from locking, and I don't know exactly what the traction control does or how it does it, but it has gone off when hes coasting through a turn, so I'm assuming that it did something when he tried to donut.

Its a lot easier to do it in our pickup truck though.... RWD no intelligent drive system, and 4 wheel ABS disc brakes.

grr i have to lines for my phone im trying to get rid of one so that i dont have to pay $200 to turn it off....

yea, but isn't a donut nothing more than an extreeme case of fishtailing where the front wheels are basically on the same spot?

He slammed on the gas, and then made a hard left as he slammed on the brake.

The ABS kept the wheels from locking, and I don't know exactly what the traction control does or how it does it, but it has gone off when hes coasting through a turn, so I'm assuming that it did something when he tried to donut.

Its a lot easier to do it in our pickup truck though.... RWD no intelligent drive system, and 4 wheel ABS disc brakes.

Donuts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYY9BwlDK6U

The ABS will always pump the brakes to prevent locking up, so trying to lose traction in the rear wheels that way usually never works.

Traction control pretty much applies the brakes as much as the computer needs to prevent loss of traction and skidding.

That video=sex.

No ABS or traction control for me. All the computer needs to do is run my engine, not drive my car.

The burnt rubber smell there must be unbearable! How wide do you think those rear wheels are! They're the two rear wheels on my Protege put together plus more!!!

Just noticed dude_se has re-animated the corpse of Rick Astley for more .gif annoyance.

That video=sex.

No ABS or traction control for me. All the computer needs to do is run my engine, not drive my car.

Agreed. I'm so glad my car has no traction control. I do appreciate the ABS though...it's just something that helps. Traction control doesn't.

The burnt rubber smell there must be unbearable! How wide do you think those rear wheels are! They're the two rear wheels on my Protege put together plus more!!!

What are you talking about? Burnt rubber off a set of fresh Pirellis is one of the most glorious scents ever made by man.

Haha agreed. Burning rubber is a enjoyable smell if you're a car nut.

Eh... those were pretty lame donuts. Great car, sounds even more amazing, but the donuts were sorta lacking, lol.

Back
Top Bottom