Building a basic gaming computer

Juice1

Fully Optimized
Well ive been under a rock for about a year and i hit up newegg and i see all this new technology out. New processors and new mobos and new ram and new everything and monitors are cheap as hell now??

Last time i checked, q6600, 4 gb ram, and dual 8800gt's and 22 inch monitors were leet. I assume this would be outdated? Damn then that means my computer is garbagee

So if i were to build a basic, upgradable gaming computer, what the hell new parts should i pick?

Dual 8800GTs ARE NOT dated. If you were to build a basic, upgradable (which is not a word btw) gaming computer you'd probably go with a Phenom II, 4GB RAM, and an HD4850. That is if you're someone who wants average for the latest games. The parts you listed would be a perfectly acceptable gaming computer. In fact, the dual 8800GTs would outperform the HD4850 although the Q6600 would not be as good as a PII.

I cant deal with amd sorry reccomend an intel platform computer please,

I used to have a computer like yours, amd 64 x2 5000+, 4gb ocz 800, dual 8600 gts 256, 750gb hdd, but that was 2 years ago.

The mobo fried and every other amd mobo i have owned has fried within a few months. Intel is worlds better from my experience

Also I dont trust ATi, always been a nvidia fan.

And how is upgradable not a word? It means i wanna build the computer then in like 2 or 3 when some new games comes out or a new operating system i could add some ram or a 3rd gpu or something. So im trying to stay away from 775, looking for the newer socket mobo

I used to have a computer like yours, amd 64 x2 5000+, 4gb ocz 800, dual 8600 gts 256, 750gb hdd, but that was 2 years ago.

The mobo fried and every other amd mobo i have owned has fried within a few months. Intel is worlds better from my experience

Brah, your thread went right off the page after this post, and I can see why...
No more BS has even been spoken by anyone.

And how is upgradable not a word? It means i wanna build the computer then in like 2 or 3 when some new games comes out or a new operating system i could add some ram or a 3rd gpu or something. So im trying to stay away from 775, looking for the newer socket mobo

Thats funny. :rolleyes:

I have an AMD set up, years old now, built using second hand parts, Mobo, CPU, RAM, the whole lot and it's processing this text as I type!

People have their preferences....

"Upgradable" is not a word. "UpgradEable" is ;).

There's nothing wrong with AMD. If you want a basic gaming computer then you are not wanting an LGA1366. PII is the best bang-for-buck at the moment. If you can't recognize this, then you're an idiot (no offense). If you must go Intel I'd recommend a Q8200 or a Q6600 (for basic gaming). This will be somewhat ready for future multi-threaded games, but it will not perform at the level of an i7 when such games are released.

Yeah whatever damn lmao you are a picky little boy, did they add PERFECT SPELLING IS A MUST into the rules while i was gone?

Cus last time i checked it went: Correct grammer and spleeing isnt required; however greatly appreciated

And who the hell are all you new people trying to take over... what happened to the good ol little group, back when it was david lindon, celegrom, borat, thelis, arrizx, rudster, 01001010, dj chris, dudese esa, lhuser, sorry if i left anyone out but that was the good old population i remember who taught me good clean knowledge about computers, you all probably learned from youtube but i learned from teamwork, from a great comunity thats went to trash lately. It seems to me like all you care about is your post count and your rep bar being as long as your *******

I bet you dont even know george monks, furby, or rudster anyway

------------------------------------------

Anyway back to the topic...

So then is a 775 mobo still good technology? Cus I dont understand buying an old mobo and old ram if a new one just came out.

Thats what most of the computers around here are, theyre old, im looking for a change, a new computer.

Yeah whatever damn lmao you are a picky little boy, did they add PERFECT SPELLING IS A MUST into the rules while i was gone?

Cus last time i checked it went: Correct grammer and spleeing isnt required; however greatly appreciated

And who the hell are all you new people trying to take over... what happened to the good ol little group, back when it was david lindon, celegrom, borat, thelis, arrizx, rudster, 01001010, dj chris, dudese esa, lhuser, sorry if i left anyone out but that was the good old population i remember who taught me good clean knowledge about computers, you all probably learned from youtube but i learned from teamwork, from a great comunity thats went to trash lately. It seems to me like all you care about is your post count and your rep bar being as long as your small nerdy ass dick.

I bet you dont even know george monks, furby, or rudster anyway

------------------------------------------

Anyway back to the topic...

So then is a 775 mobo still good technology? Cus I dont understand buying an old mobo and old ram if a new one just came out.

Thats what most of the computers around here are, theyre old, im looking for a change, a new computer.

If that's how you feel, why the hell are you here? You insult the current members and then ask for help? To answer your question, socket 775 is still good technology. Even though the C2Q aren't truly "quads". as much as two Core 2 Duo processor on one die, they are still great processors. Even though they can't keep up with the i7 in editing and multitasking, because they don't have an integrated memory controller, they are still fantastic. The Core 2 Quad line will save you a lot of money because you don't have to buy an overpriced motherboard, and DDR3 memory.

If that's how you feel, why the hell are you here? You insult the current members and then ask for help? To answer your question, socket 775 is still good technology. Even though the C2Q aren't truly "quads". as much as two Core 2 Duo processor on one die, they are still great processors. Even though they can't keep up with the i7 in editing and multitasking, because they don't have an integrated memory controller, they are still fantastic. The Core 2 Quad line will save you a lot of money because you don't have to buy an overpriced motherboard, and DDR3 memory.

Yes, I agree.

And btw, Juice, I've learned a lot of helpful information from YouTube thank you very much!

Juice,

I haven't seen you much in my stay so far. Up until now I was liking you, even past your "fanboyness". Do I like you now? You probably know the answer. I'll keep my rant short:

1. You obviously don't know why forums use smileys. If I meant a comment to be serious it would be all text. I admit it's partially my fault though. Since upgradeable was misspelled my word checker caught it, however it failed to provide the correct spelling, and therefore led me to believe it wasn't a word. I use a couple words that aren't words and I don't really care if others do it. Again, on my second post I was simply joking because I had caught my mistake.

2. You're hardheaded. I'm going to assume you're not into the latest because you obviously don't agree with PII's being the best bang-for-buck. If you visit any forums or talk to any other members I'm sure they'd agree with me.

FYI: The PII 940 BE OC's to 4GHz (from 2.8 if you didn't know) on air.

3. Why are you so ignorant? Is your little "ol little group" the only people that have the right to know about computers?

4. I don't care about my post count and I don't care about my rep. Ask Worshipme. As far as I know he's going to neg rep me at every opportunity because I told him I don't care about it and I honestly don't.

My rant is over. You can help yourself. I'm done with this thread.

Back
Top Bottom