Need help choosing computer upgrade!

it would be tough to get the best right now (an i7 build) with that type of budget, so I would suggest the Phenom build, if performance is important and you can stretch the budget a bit I'd say go i7...

the phenom is just about as good as a low end core i7 if not better

what benchmarks are you looking at...? clock for clock the i7 is still faster, and that's what we're debating right...? because we already know that the i7 is more expensive, but even so it could still fit into his budget if he stretches it a bit just like I said, clock for clock even the core2quad is still faster...

clock for clock

Well I am not sure if I can justify the extra expense right now for the i7. The performance may be a little better, but I am not a gamer and average user and may never notice the difference from a Phenom II and i7. Plus, upgrading from a P4 @2.4ghz I am sure I will notice a big difference no matter which CPU is used. I read alot of reviews on the Phenom II x 4 920 (& 940) and all seemed to be really pleased at performance.

I want to say thanks for al linput so far, it has helped greatly for someone who is just an average user who is interested in building for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom