What can I do with an extra computer?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
So last night I gat home from work, hoping to play some CS or WoW. It was a long day for me and I was really looking forward to some PC gaming. Unfortunately my younger 16 year old brothers PC is in a shop and apparently last night was like the last day to do some special achievement in WoW, so as you could have guessed the little devil was using my $2500 build! After some yelling I finally told him he can finish what ever he needs to do. It was like 8pm and he told me it would at least take him like 2h… Well anyways, I had to find something to do, so what I did I took the PC that was standing right next to my main rig that my brother was using and I tried turning it on. I thought if I can get this PC to work, I can just give it to him for the time and be able to use mine. This PC is like 3-4 years old, but from I was able to see last time it was on, (like 6 month ago) its still kind of fast. AMD 4000+ 2G DDR Muskin Red Line(FAST), 2X 350GB HDD (Can be put in raid 0), ASUS A8NSLI-32 Deluxe MOBO, Zelman 9500 cooler, 1950XTX radion GPU. Antec P90 Case. The PC would boot, but would freeze on the windows loading screen, so what I did I took the thing a part. I'm planning on reassembling everything with good cable management and fresh windows XP install. The question is what can I possibly use this PC for? And plz don't say “give it to me” lol

Thanks

Rebuild it, get it working, with our help if need be, and give it to your bro.

That or turn it into a server for your music/photos or your own web space.

Give it to me!
:) jk

maybe a server?

You just had to do it didn't u? :) lol I don't really need a server... Well maybe I can have a CS 1.6 server on it :) Does anyone have a guide on how to do that?

Rebuild it, get it working, with our help if need be, and give it to your bro.

That or turn it into a server for your music/photos or your own web space.

Well my bro has a PC it's a duel core with 8800GT that I gave to him for his Bday like a year ago. I guess I can have it as a music/photo backup, but I already have an external HDD for that...

Donate it to a family in a deprived country.

That's a thought, but with the stuff that is going on now, who can guarantee that we will not end up to be that deprived country, with the way companies are filing for chapter 11, we just might end up there.

Get another monitor and set it up in the living room or something?

Well that might work.. The only person who will prob use it is my mother to pay the bills on the weekends lol, she always asks me to use my pc to do that, but that will be another PC that I will get asked to fix when something goes wrong...etc My father constantly asking me to make his laptop faster and I keep telling him that with 500mb of ram there is not much that can be done.

I will probably just keep it as a back up next to my main rig, same place its been for the last 7 month since I build a new PC, who knows it might come useful. A CS 1.6 server also sounds nice, I do play about $59-$70 each month for the server, but I kind of quit CS in the last 2 weeks (started playing Wow, yes I know….) so I don't know…

What can I do with an extra computer?

Leave it turned off and save some electricity.

Back
Top Bottom