How do I know what memory ????

only126db

Baseband Member
This is my computer:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3429054&body=MAIN

I need to upgrade my memory but want to make sure I get the right stuff.

If I can get it cheap enough should I go 4gb total or just 3gb since I'm using the 32bit ?

Is pretty much all I need to know , 240 pin, ddr2, match the speeds to what my puter will accept and go with it or is there more?

This is just a basic all around machine, nothing real technical being done on it, just average everyday stuff, movies, music, pictures, online games, just stuff.

If you don't plan on moving over to 64 bit get yourself a good 2 GB set that should put you at 3 and you'll be set.

The 1GB of RAM in it is DDR2 533 (PC2-4200) so get maybe 1-2 GB extra of that type of RAM. You don't really need any more than 2 GB. I'm running 2GB on my desktop fine and I probably do more intensive stuff than you.

Well with the 1gb I have, I can barely even run just Adobe Photoshop, but my processor only uses maybe 2%, but memory drops to the point I'm running on my harddrive.

I hate it, I'm looking at getting 4 Crucial Ballistix pc-6400 1gb sticks, that way I'll be running a faster memory and be at my maximum, since I'm also running shared video.

Will this work in my puter?
I think I can get 4gb for under $30
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=BL2KIT12864AA80A

Yup, that Crucial memory will work nicely in your system. :D

Great, I'm getting frustrated with this thing lagging on me, hopefully that memory will make everything kick butt, my processor rarely goes above 25% usage and thats only for a second or two.

How do you replace it, just pop out the old and put in the new?

I dont need to do it in any certain order or anything do I?

(4 banks)

Yup, just pop the locks open and they come right out. When you install the memory, be sure the notches in the memory match up with the tab in the slot. Press down firmly, and the locks should close at the same time.

Picked up a set of Crucial Ballistix 2gb matched memory part #BL2CP12864AA80A and my computer is running as good as new, currently running 3GB and I'm so happy, wasn't sure if it was the right memory since on Crucials site it was not one of their recommendations but I paid $22 shipped, new unopened package and all I can really say is YEAAAAAHHHHH :D

Back
Top Bottom