Cheap Dual Cores

If i'm not mistaken then your current CPU is a socket 939 CPU which means the AM2 CPU in the link will not work on your motherboard.

The 3400+ Single Cores were only available in Socket 939. The Single Core AM2's are the 3500+.

If you want dual core power for your current set up then you need to check out the second hand market or try and find a store that will sell you a new Socket 939 CPU.

What motherboard do you have?

Well, the main thing we need to know is your computer's specifications. Things like brand/model, motherboard , memory etc.

Is your current setup a socket 939 or a socket AM2 like the CPU you selected.

ok i have a emachine c6415 with a MSI MS-7145 motherboard and 1 gig of ram, i believe this emachines version is fairly new last year or so

The CPU you selected will not work in your system as it's a socket AM2 unit. Unfortunately, socket 754 (s754) has been phased out and they are no longer available. The only place you can probably find a compatible processor for your rig is eBay.

oh i was just wondering if that would work with my motherboard, ill take anything thats better then mine thats not over 70$ if possible

Back
Top Bottom