Debate Question

On the grand scheme of things, i find that my computer hobby has been one of my cheapest hobbies so far. I don't find $300 to be that expensive to drop on a video card. In fact, I think you end up spending less in the long run if you put a little extra money into your computer from the start (that's not saying to buy the newest hardware because those prices are always inflated).

There are more wasteful things to spend your money on (thinking about the hundreds of dollars I've spent on alcohol that I've literally pissed away).
It is a cheaper hobby then some... and it really doesnt have to be too expensive, it really depends on what you want to get out of it.

It is a cheaper hobby then some... and it really doesnt have to be too expensive, it really depends on what you want to get out of it.

I can't think of anything that I've spent less on than my computer. I sold an Xbox I won to help pay for it, and my parents gave some, so I paid only double digits for it.

I've spent more on drums, more on woodworking, ect. Heck, I even spent more on building a guitar.

You can buy a cheap graphics card now and end up having to buy a new one out later. I spent a bit more on my build so it would last me longer. It just feels good having something that you can be proud of. It doesn't matter if you're computer is $300 or $3000. Sure, the $3000 will run better. But, both of the builders still get the same satisfaction in the end.

Just pride I guess. Just to say I have the baddest setup. Realistically will someone see a jump in performance in TRI-SLi. Hell no, but they do it for multiple reasons. One because they can afford it; its a hobby.

I much prefer to buy, not exactly out of date hardware, but hardware that has dropped in price, that can still do exactly what you want, but isn't the best.

For example, I still have a 8800GTS 640MB and its playing FEAR2, at full settings, and it played Crysis as well (not exactly fast), but it allowed me to complete it.
If I was to update now, I'd probably go with a Radeon X4870, or X4850. One of those 2 cards would probably do me great for a few more years.

Back
Top Bottom