Liquid? or no?

GKil164

In Runtime
I am looking for a more efficient CPU cooler than the stock, and would like to get a good temperature drop from it.

I was looking at the Thermalright TRUE Copper Ultra 120 Extreme heatsink ($120 with the LGA1366 bolt-thru kit)

And the CoolIT Systems Domino A.L.C. Liquid CPU cooler ($74)

I need an opinion on which would be better, as I am considering Overlocking my CPU in the near future a bit. Any additional suggestions are of course welcome!

if the liquid system has the pump, tubing, and the heatsink I'd go for that. It will cool better than air and it will be quieter. You just have to worry about it leaking then.

The TRUE will perform better. If You're gonna do liquid, do it right the first time and assemble your own kit. It'll run you at the least $200. If you aren't gonna spend that much, I'd stick to high-end air.

Well, if I go with liquid, I will be getting about $150 in rebates in 2 months or so, so I can easily add on like 50-100 to that...so any suggestions on good liquid kits?

as I am considering Overlocking my CPU in the near future a bit.
If you are new to overclocking, then it's definitely not worth it. You don't have enough experience to make the most of water cooling and get the most performance out of your OC.

Back
Top Bottom