Build COMPLETE!

GKil164

In Runtime
Just thought I would let everyone who helped me and gave me advice know that I completed my build yesterday night! =)

Motherboard: EVGA x58
Processor: Core i7 920 (Will be Ocing once I get a better heatsink/fan)
Video Card: EVGA GTX 285 (Oc'd to FTW specs) (will be running 2x SLI in the future)
Memory: 6GB Corsair xms3 ram
PSU: Corsair 750TX
Hard Drive: WD velociraptor 300GB 10k RPM (will be getting another to run RAID 0 in the near future)
DVD Burner: Samsung 22x
Case: Antec 1200
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse II
Wireless Adapter: D-Link WDA 1320
Monitor: 19 inch Dell LCD
Additional: Thermal Star LCD Media Panel 7-in-1 Card Reader/fan controller/temperature display

It's running like a DREAM and I've already tried out COD WAW and Crysis on it, and they are running at great fps even on high settings. I will be getting Adobe Premiere someday soon, so we will see on the video-editing front.

Just wanted to say thank you once again to everyone who helped me chose the parts for this build and helped me out along the way! (If anyone has any further suggestions go ahead and voice them)

Well I'd like to congratulate you on your build. I was just reading the spec's for it. My goodness it sounds unbelievable. Post some pictures up if you get an opportunity. I just want to see what it looks like...!

Yeah I second that question. Why so small. This is the wrong term. But its like you have this system thats pretty darn good. Almost as if your Monitor is a bottleneck lol.

I'll post pics once I finish uploading them all, and as far as the monitor goes, it is simply because I bought it originally for my laptop when the screen died. But when I decided to make this build i figured it would save me $100 or so if I just used the monitor I already had.

ah...I see that explains it a bit. Yeah and there's always room for upgrades. Not to mention you could always use a TV in the house that has DVI ports.

Yeah, I have 2 TVs with DVI ports, but one is my dad's 52 inch which if i breathe too close to he has a heart attack, and a 22 inch that is mounted too high on the wall, so I guess I'll just settle till I decide to upgrade to a 30 inch lol

Alright, I got my pics uploaded, i'll throw some up here.

DSC01413.jpg

DSC01418.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01378.jpg

if there are any pics that you would like to see, just let me know and I'll try to get them.

Not fair.

We help you with everything and you get all of the satisfaction. You should let me borrow that bad boy for a week, or so. We will call it even after that. :)

Really, though. It looks fantastic. I'm glad I helped, since it seemed like you took some of my advice, haha.

Back
Top Bottom