USB to Firewire

pelouk

Beta member
I have an external soundcard that I want to connect from the card's male USB outlet to the firewire input my laptop running Vista.

Why I need to do this is a long, sorry story of lousy support from the manufacturer of the soundcard (CME Matrix K) but, basically, if you buy the USB version instead of the FW version of the soundcard, you find out the hard way that CME only has drivers for the FW version. Even installing ASIO4All drivers hasn't helped. I can't get a FW expansion slot from CME because they simply don't respond to any correspondence.

So I'm wondering is there such a thing as a USB (from the souncard) to FW (on the laptop) lead/connecter/adapter available which could be a solution?

Thanks

Hmm, I don't quite get what you're trying to explain. Please clear it out for me and I maybe able to help.

LOL!

Perhaps the easiest way for me to simplify it is thus:-

I have an external sound card. The only way of connecting it to my laptop is by USB.

My laptop can take both USB and Firewire connections and (for reasons which I'll leave out here) I want to use my laptop's Firewire connection for that.

Is it possible to get a cable, or adapter which will allow me to do that?

Ahh, I get it now. Well, I suggest getting the Adaptec 6.6' Firewire Cable ACK-6P-6P-S400-IEE-1394 for that. Yes, it is possible to get a cable I don't know about an adapter but yeah cable.

I can tell you where, just tell me where you live..

OMG, I think I get it, tell me if I'm wrong, (sorry for double post).

You want to get the external sound card working with Laptop but the sound card can only take USB and the laptop can take both the Firewire and USB.

So what you want to do is get an adapter like thing so you can connect from the USB on one end and with firewire on the other end for the laptop.

Right, Right, Right?

> You want to get the external sound card working with Laptop but the sound card can only take USB and the laptop can take both the Firewire and USB.

So what you want to do is get an adapter like thing so you can connect from the USB on one end and with firewire on the other end for the laptop.

Right, Right, Right?<

Absolutely right! I've read comments on various sites which say that adapters are available for this (in fact you can get them on e-bay) but that they DON'T work. Have you any actual experience of this? For the sake of a couple of quid it's worth a try but NOT if it's going to cause any damage to my system.

If you look back over my initial post it'll perhaps be clearer now why I have the problem but I guess I was pretty clumsy in trying to explain it. LOL!

I'd welcome any further input from you.

Cheers.

Can you please tell me the name of your xternal sound card. I maybe able to find the adapter for that specific external sound card.

~EnviousX

elelctronica-lrg-ZLyKKe1AO7Wv.jpg

Something like that?

I coudn't find anything that would be of help but try googling "firewire usb converter".

~EnviousX

Back
Top Bottom