Sound issue (only happens in game)

smileii

Baseband Member
Ok heres the story, i turn on my pc and the sound/mic is working perfect not one problem however when i open a game such as WoW or CoD2 (only games i play) my sounds starts to get crackley and about 5mins later my sound on my pc just cuts off. After i quit game i've to open my sound controle panel and mute and unmute my sound in order to get it working again, any ideas?

driver update, the one i found didn't work to fix this problem but it did stop my mic working for some reason.

Device : vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
-
Driver: vinyl97.sys
Date: 09/10/2006

I am aware the diver is out of date but i'm having problems finding the right one.

If someone could shed some light on my problem and even worked out a way with me to fix it i would be so greatful, thanks.

First of all, I'd like to apologize on behalf of the forum that no one posted a reply after 1 day of this thread hanging around. Is your audio onboard or dedicated? I think whatever it is, it may be going bad. You might need a cheap sound card or something. I've never heard of such a problem. Was your sound working properly before? When did this start happening?

How about a little more info about your system. Things like the computer brand and model number, motherboard, CPU, stuff like that.

sounds like you have a VIA chipset (i had a VIA chipset on my old socket 754 mobo and it used the vinyl ac'97 sound. i didnt have any problems with it (that i can remember). you may want to buy a new sound card (you can get a decent one pretty cheap)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102012

this is just food for thought though, just in case the problem isnt solved.

Hmm, Apparently I have the same problem

Ahh got it. I've got the perfect thing for you. You need to update your driver. Can you please tell me your Computer Specs from the DirectX Diagnostics. It is probably that you've got an old driver. Go to www.viaarena.com and look for your sound device. Follow the steps to loof for the driver you find which fits your Sound card. It should work after installing the driver. After you've installed the Driver, go to your Device Manager. (Click Start, right-click my computer and you should see device manager) Then after in Device Manager, look for your sound card and click scan for hardware changes.

If it doesn't work after that, please PM me.

~EnviousX

Field Value
Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-7VM333M-RZ (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DDR DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

Field Value
Motherboard Chipset VIA UniChrome KM266 Pro

Field Value
Audio Adapter VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

-------------
Please select the driver type you wish to find or the type of product you wish to find a driver for

Chipset or Platform driver
Integrated Graphics
Audio
IDE, RAID & SATA
Ethernet (Networking/LAN/WLAN)
USB
IrDA
C3 Power Saver Driver

What would be next? Chipset or Audio?

Its on board, i don't have a sound card, just a graphics card. any ideas next?

Downloading - http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1010&SubCatID=104

I've downloaded it and it says my diver has a new version on DXdiag, mic and sound working the same outside game but still having the same problem in game... anyone :( ???

Is there any sound options i can try? i think a year ago i was changing sound options on enhance my sound on pc, any where i can start looking and turning things off? like in master volume..etc

Back
Top Bottom