Heatsink

dwskillz

Baseband Member
I have a 775 socket motherboard with a heatsink that has screws and was wondering if a different heatsink with push pins will fit without removeing the backplate?

Thanks for any help

I have a 775 socket motherboard with a heatsink that has screws and was wondering if a different heatsink with push pins will fit without removeing the backplate?

Thanks for any help

Nope, you're going to need to remove that backplate. You might get it to fit if you push it in there. You're going to have a big problem when trying to remove it. Your backplate should just fall to the bottom of your case when you unscrew your heatsink. That depends on the case.

Well i've removed the heatsink and taken the motherboard out but it still seems to be attached somehow to the motherboard?

Well i've removed the heatsink and taken the motherboard out but it still seems to be attached somehow to the motherboard?

most come with some way to make it stick to the bottom of the motherboard, it shouldn't be hard to get off, just be careful...

Some of the brackets had a sticker you could peel off for extra security. Those are difficult to get off. You will have to remove your motherboard.

You will have to remove your motherboard.
This.

I think this whole thread was because OP couldn't be arsed to remove the mobo :D Sorry, you're gonna have to...

If you do get a heatsink, get one with a back plate or get a back plate kit. Push-pins are evil.

Back
Top Bottom