disable onboard graphics card?

Jdilla209

Baseband Member
thank you guys for the help, but now i seem to have gotten into another problem, now the video card isnt brand new but i just hooked it up into another computer and it works fine but when i hook it up into this one and the video card wont even turn on but at the same time the computer seems to know that theirs something in the pci slot because the onboard video card is disabled and my screen wouldnt turn on untill i took the card back out and then plugged it back into the onboard. now i did notice that this pci x16 slot seems to be different then the slot in the other computer, the card doesnt fit in the same way either, any thoughts on this one guys?

hi im new here and i had a quick question i have this computer emachines c6415 which has a MSI MS-7145 motherboard which has an onboard graphics card how would i go about turning the onboard off so i can put my new his ati radeon x1650pro iceq graphics card in.

Should be an option in the bios, when the computer starts up there should be a prompt that says "press delete to enter setup" at least its usually delete,might be an F key. Anyway look around in there for an option to disable.

another way press the windows key and pause break pulls up a system properties box, click on hardware tab, device manager then display adapters you can enable and disable there to.

good luck

shouldnt the on-board automatically disable itself when in graphics card is inserted?

I think there are very few where you have to disable it yourself.

You don't necessarily need to. Plug in your new card, download and install drivers , then just use the output from graphics card and not the one from the motherboard

Back
Top Bottom