Killzone 2 demo available in EU now?

Well here is my take after finally getting the demo downloaded and installed.

I was actually suprised at how short the demo was for as big as it is. I thought it would be a bit more than landing on there shore, blowing something up and making my way through a small warehouse. Although I won't complain to much since I finally got a chance to see if the hype was true. Yes it is :)

As said before the graphics are top notch. It is amazing the amount of things going on the screen at once. Bullets flying every which way left me wondering where to shoot.

I could tell this game is going to get slightly frustrating. After clearing out a section a few times I had to figure out where the hell I was supposed to go. I wish it had a map or indicator where the next objective is.

The controls felt pretty good to me but will take a little to get used to. The aim felt a little off though. IE I'd have the crosshair on there head but I'd seem to miss a few shots.

The AI is pretty good. I can't really comment on this compared to other titles since I don't play much single player. Numerous times I'd find myself aiming above where they just crouched only to find them pop up on the other side of what they were hiding behind. Also they seem to move throughout the battlefield fighting at you from multiple angles. Taking cover from a single point doesn't work to well. Because they will flank you from another corner of the map.

I'm disappointed it didn't include a MP map. That would of added a lot of replay to the demo. And considering it expires on the 26th it wouldn't of hurt sales.

I'll probably play through it a few more times to get the hang of the controls. I find myself using the Alternate 2 controls. I like to keep all the games I play similar control wise that way I'm not lost when playing another game.

I'm really looking forward to the 27th now. BTW when you guys set up the brightness levels did you see the logo? I turned my TV onto sports mode with high contrast/brightness and cranked it up and still couldn't see the logo?

Yeah, my impressions were the same really. The graphics were pretty good, but the motion blurring/DOF at times looked layered on, as it wasn't processed in 3D, but in 2D, and I can notice that.

I was impressed by the A.I though, and the way when you hit people, they reacted where you hit them, which is missing in quite a few games.

I did feel it was linear though, so nothing different there. i.e, you have to kill all the baddies before something will complete to let you carry on, like in the warehouse section.

The demo took me around 8 minutes to complete, and I was expecting more. After the fade out, I was expecting another short section, but didn't get it :p

I've got it pre-ordered. Its certainly worth the buy, by the looks of it.

EDIT:

Yeah, they messed that up. There is no logo in that box... haha. I just made the gamma so there was good black levels, without spoiling the upper whites, etc.

Yeah, my impressions were the same really. The graphics were pretty good, but the motion blurring/DOF at times looked layered on, as it wasn't processed in 3D, but in 2D, and I can notice that.

I was impressed by the A.I though, and the way when you hit people, they reacted where you hit them, which is missing in quite a few games.

I did feel it was linear though, so nothing different there. i.e, you have to kill all the baddies before something will complete to let you carry on, like in the warehouse section.

The demo took me around 8 minutes to complete, and I was expecting more. After the fade out, I was expecting another short section, but didn't get it :p

I've got it pre-ordered. Its certainly worth the buy, by the looks of it.

EDIT:

Yeah, they messed that up. There is no logo in that box... haha. I just made the gamma so there was good black levels, without spoiling the upper whites, etc.

I think the demo took me around 13 minutes to complete. I didn't try and fly through it. I was looking around seeing what all was going on around me.

I found out why were not seeing the logo. If you have your video RGB set to full the logo won't appear. You want to set your RGB settings to limited or your missing out on some of the games textures. When you put it to limited you'll also see the logo in the setup screen.

Really? I read that full allowed for more colours...
It certainly looks better when in films...

Huh?... haha... I wonder why that is

EDIT:

It seems after a bit of research, the menu system uses RGB Limited (16 to 235 colours), meanwhile, games have the option to use both RGB Full, and RGB Limited.

Its weird though, that something, like a brightness indicator, will only work when set to limited in the game though, when basically, all the full setting is doing, is making it so the game can show all 0 to 255 colours in RGB...

It would seem the developers have screwed up slightly there, as mostly, black levels are better when set to Full.

Back
Top Bottom