Remove the rep system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NeonFire: I'm completely fine with what you said. Unfortunately rep is only used like that in the Social Lounge for like 50% of the time, if even that. Most of the rep given is for funny comments or for "flaming" another member. That's what I'm against. I know because I've received rep for that and I've given rep for that. I don't do it anymore, but I used to.

NeonFire: I'm completely fine with what you said. Unfortunately rep is only used like that in the Social Lounge for like 50% of the time, if even that. Most of the rep given is for funny comments or for "flaming" another member. That's what I'm against. I know because I've received rep for that and I've given rep for that. I don't do it anymore, but I used to.
But why does it matter sooo much? I couldn't care less what people use it for. I admit, I've received most of my rep from random stuff in the Social Lounge but still I think it's fine the way it is without restrictions. If people want to give rep for whatever they find in Social Lounge, what's wrong with that?

Rep is rep, allowed in the Social Lounge or not, it'll be "abused" but in the end it's just a .gif and a few lines of code in the database. I don't see the big deal. Rep can go, stay or be restricted, wouldn't bother me either way. I'd just rather keep things the way they are since there aren't major problems related to the rep system.

the thing is, because new people who often post most in the comp section have rarely give rep that counts, having it just there is kinda pointless.

And people will go out of their way to neg rep each other.

the thing is, because new people who often post most in the comp section have rarely give rep that counts, having it just there is kinda pointless.

And people will go out of their way to neg rep each other.
If negative rep abuse is such a problem, remove everyone's ability to give neg rep. There's no point anyway - it just ends up in people screaming about the rep they got from someone. Just because you disagree with someone's point of view doesn't mean you have to give them negative rep.

I agree about the new people that can't give rep due to their status (and if that was changed, then people would create new accounts to rep themselves or get their friends to join and post fake problems - yes, I'm sure people here would do that :rolleyes:) or new members that just don't give rep period.

Maybe there could be a "Thanks" system or something for helping people... I dunno.

Yeah....a thanks system where everyone gives 1 point no matter what? I'd be fine with that. I just feel like we have members who have no rep yet they are great helpers in the hardware/software. I want them to be recognized. Other members (not pointing at anyone specifically) have tons of rep, but are barely seen in hardware/software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom