Fully Optimized
whatdya think :)
im sure i can get higher but im not sure whats safe for vcore

Capture3.jpg

Before...
Capture-7.jpg

After...
Capture2-1.jpg

Good work man. I been trying to get my Q9450 OCed, but no luck...

Is it Prime95 stable in all 3 tests?

It's stable for 10 minutes so far. No blue screens or notin and tonight I'm gonna run it over night.

its 8 hours stable :)

I thought you were OC'ing a Q6600? For that processor (I'll assume 5600+) I'd say you can push as far as 1.40-1.45V on the VCore (after VDroop). It will be on the edge. I'd stop raising the VCore once you reach full load temps of 55C. If you lower your HT Link to 3x you may be able to get a little more out of CPU at a maxed VCore, especially if your RAM is struggling too keep up. Unfortunately I cannot tell you if performance with HT Link at 3x 16-bit and higher clock will be better than at 5x 16-bit lower clock. That's a question that I'm still waiting on over at OCF.

A few questions:

How fast is your RAM?
Is you CPU a 5600+ or a 6400+? (sig. vs screenshot)

lol my CPU is actually a 5600+ (90nm =/ ). because of my clock it thinks its a 6400+ which are 3.2GHz stock.
im not sure what else to do as far as the HT links and what not. all i changed is the FSB and my voltage, my multiplier was already at 14x and my voltage as of right now is 1.5v. is that safe? its 100% stable. i ran it overnight for 8 hours and 0 errors

my RAM = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231098

Ok. If you want to try and push it further go into your BIOS and change the DRAM Frequency to 333MHz. Then go to your HT properties and change the bandwidth to 16-bit and the link to 3x (may be listed as 600Mhz). Change the CAS (CL) to 5, tRCD to 5, tRP to 5, tRAS to 15, and the tRFC to 127.5ns. Leave the vDIMM and other voltages at stock. Is your multiplier unlocked? If yes, change it to 10. Start raising your CPU Frequency until you P95 gives an error. Go into BIOS and raise the VCore. Repeat the process. Stop once you reach a full load temp of 55C (or 50C, your choice). Record the information. Make sure you record the VCore of the BIOS, idle, and after VDroop. They should all be slightly different (with exception of BIOS and idle, they may be the same if you have an awesome chip).

Back
Top Bottom