Nvidia stepping down in gaming, Intel stepping up?

I really don't want nVidia knocked off the GPU field. I don't care if Intel enters, but I want the nVidia-ATi competition to stay alive.

non of it is set in stone
and according to ex ibm engineer dave shippy
"On Thursday, David Shippy, co-author of The Race for a New Game Machine, shared some interesting thoughts with me. He believes the next consoles are going to combine both the CPU and theGPU in the same chip, right off the bat. This means that the companies that are likely to win the deals are the ones with both graphics and microprocessor technology -- AMD and Intel."

which in my mind makes perfect sense
i wouldn't be to surprised if with the market the way it is and nvidias stocks down if Intel buys them out

or maybe nvidia is going to join the game
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-x86-NEC-CPU-HD,6985.html
very interesting read take a look

It's a disgrace to the "latest in graphics" community.

I'd rather have a game with decent graphics which is fun to play. This is like the whole Crysis debate. People thought it was the greatest game and should have won game of the year. Graphics don't make a game.

Don't add the Wii into this...It's a pure disgrace.... :)

Is that why it's outselling the Xbox 360 and the PS3?

Some games do look nice on the Wii though.
Like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, or anime looking games like Fragile.

x2

It's actually helping a lot of people save money and get exercise. Why go out and spend $100 in a night for food and to take the family bowling, when you can just play on the Wii an eat at home?

Yeah the Wii isn't a disgrace, how do you expect to have blazing graphics with a console the size of the old Game Boy and one 20mm fan? It does a pretty good job IMO.

It's for a different demographic.

I bought a Zelda (NES) game from the wii ware thing. I played it a bit, and got stuck. I guess im just used to the Super Nintendo version.

I only use my Wii for GH since it was the only system i could get it for before. The graphics is in the game is not as great as the 360 or PS3, but who seriously look at the graphics when they are playing GH? Plus, it was only $250 at launch, unlike the other 2 systems, so its pretty much get what we paid for kind of thing.

I should get some new games for it.
(stealing my own thread)...

What Wii games do you guys recommend i get?
I was thinking of getting Tenchu SA since im kind of a fan of these games, i really liked the 360 version. But this is pretty much an completely different from the other Tenchu's.

okomi is really good
metorid prime 3
super mario galaxy
resident evil 4 wii
the condouit is coming out looks really good
and mad world is coming out looks really good

Back
Top Bottom