Out of the ordinary Question

altimator2001

Baseband Member
Ok How long do you think till a motherboard out of a case plugged into the power supply and to the wall will run the fan. It works now but since I have to keep unplugging it from the wall without essentially shutting it down from say the start menu (as this is not in a case so cant do that) I dunno how long till I possibly kill it? ANY insight?

I trying to make a fan system from the mini fans and have them running from a motherboard and Power supply since this is the only way I can think of doing something like this. I want to hook at least 5 fans to the power supply

I have a fix for that.

Some fans come with a molex to 3-pin adapter you can use when you've ran out of 3-pin slots on the motherboard. If you could get a hold of a couple of these you won't need a motherboard at all. Then to power up your PSU you can use the paperclip trick to trick your PSU into thinking it's hooked up to the motherboard.

Link to paperclip trick: http://aphnetworks.com/tutorials/psu_paperclip_trick

Thanks for the help

Can I just buy these three pin fans from a store??

Also how am I going to get multiple fans hooked up

Well the PSU has multiple molex plug-ins. Just buy multiple molex to 3-pin adapters. You can get everything you need from newegg.com. If you're in the UK, then I'm not sure on what website.

ay man thanks for all the help i really appreciate it

I am going to buy a few led fans should i look for some specific

Let me get this all I can hook multiple fans to a single PSU by buying 3-pin adapters and plugging them into the atached wires or connectors(Where the power would be going to the Hard Drive etc) to the fans and plug the PSU into the wall after i do the paperclip trick and all and everything should work for me?

Theoretically it should work. I don't know if anybody has ever tried it. I would do the paper clip thing and attach like a DVD drive or something to see if it pops out when you hit the button.

Re: The Golden Girls

IM A SPAMMER!!!!!
spam.jpg

ahahahah. so true...

Back
Top Bottom