Trying to play a game in school

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So i have a game that requires an online connection to play. But when i try to log in, it said "failed to Connect to server". Im assuming that the school blocked this off because of people torrenting, and they didnt want to figure out ports and stuff that only blocks torrents.

So I was wondering if theres a way for me to get through and play the game.

Im in college, I bring my laptop to school because between each class, i have about an hour and a half of nothing to do. (already did my HW), so i thought maybe i could just play this game on my free time.

If this is illegal to do or something, then please tell me, and close this thread.

Thanks

Yeah... Dont know what to do... :confused:

i click on some free proxy sites, it asks me where i want to surf anonymously. But im not trying to surf the web.

That's gonna be hard...what game? Because most games are going to lag like crazy if you use a proxy with them. You might want to look into changing what ports the game is using. That would be game specific though. I'm sure if you could get it to use port 80 (used for web traffic typically) it wouldn't be blocked.

Im trying to play an private server of Ragnarok Online

He wouldn't have access to the port settings. I thought you meant a flash or browser game. I don't know about Ragnarok.

I'd go to options under Ragnarok and see if they have port settings like said above. You could try changing stuff in the TCP/IP, but I'm not sure how much it would help. If I were you I'd talk with someone who manages the network and see if he can help you. If it's not against school rules, he should give you a hand.

Back
Top Bottom