Even more questions... 4850 crossfire

Tattered Wings

Baseband Member
Gettin annyoing yet? Im thinkin about making just one single thread and puttin all my questions on there, seriously i got plenty of em... Im currently runnin one 4850 right? It performs well but im look for more ;) Im lookin to buy another for crossfire cuz i dont feel like sellin and upgrading agaaain. Ive found like one good review and it seemed like crossfire didnt give a whole lot of performance increase... is this just because of sucky drivers? My motherboard does support 2.0 x16 x16 crossfire if that helps... Please post some good review links if you culd, thanks.

It depends on the game. Some just utilize dual GPU's more than others. Honestly, it's not worth it right now. Unless you're trying to set some records, stick with one card. The 4850 is a powerful card. As long as you're getting decent frame rates, why keep picking at it?

Well...ever since ive gotten my 4850 ive had problems. Completely random frames, one day ill get 20avg in crysis the next 30 and then one day it wont even run...??? I upgraded from a 3870 wich was extremely stable and quite a performer (23.5 avg in crysis for a 100$ card). Also the 4850 will NOT run AA at all, nope once i turn it on be expecting 5fps. This card can sometimes make me smile and other days it just really pisses me off. Any help with that? lol

I guess i lied a bit about the performing well :(

Well...ever since ive gotten my 4850 ive had problems. Completely random frames, one day ill get 20avg in crysis the next 30 and then one day it wont even run...??? I upgraded from a 3870 wich was extremely stable and quite a performer (23.5 avg in crysis for a 100$ card). Also the 4850 will NOT run AA at all, nope once i turn it on be expecting 5fps. This card can sometimes make me smile and other days it just really pisses me off. Any help with that? lol

That may just be something wrong with your card. Have you cleaned up your computer?

Ya ive run some driver cleaners but it didnt really help, im gonna do a quick check to see how its runnin now to post on here.

I meant disk cleanup and defragment. Try your card into a different slot on your motherboard.

Have you installed the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI?

It could quite possibly be sucky drivers. ATI cards seem to suffer from driver problems quite often. You may even want to try older drivers to find a set that works well with your system.

Ya i did that when i first got my card, i went through like at least 10 diff drivers lol... But! Good news i just installed the new 9.1 drivers yesterday but havent gotten the chance to test it out and heres wat i got (sorry i took so long i got carried away with my guitar again -.-)

Crysis - All High Settings - 1280x1024 resolution (dont make fun of me :( )

RELIC CUTSCENE

no AA - Min - 21---Avg - 26.8---Max - 31

8x AA - Min - 18---Avg - 25.2---Max - 25.2

VIEW INTO FOREST RIGHT AFTER CUTSCENE

no AA - Min - 37 Avg - 38.2 Max - 39

8x AA - Min - 34 Avg - 35.3 Max - 36

Wow...this is by far the best performance ive had with this card, those new drivers really did it. What you guys think...not bad for a crappy pentium d 945 ehh? :) dont worry im gettin a quad my b day if i happen to pull together enough cash, like ta see how i do then

Back
Top Bottom