Fish tanks

My uncle is a big fan of these home aquariums. He has a 6ft tank, with loads of cool fish and he's looking at some turtles(/tortoise?). He empties about 20% of the water every fortnight and tops it up with purified chloride free super water. He's a bit obsessive but his fish look amazing. He also does water checks and self medicates the tank all the time. Apparently those chemical testing kits (ph, chlorine, potassium etc.) are worth there weight in gold.

That's what you don't want to do. You're supposed to scrub the walls with a brush then use a gravel vacuum hose to suck the dirt from the gravel. You only want to remove 20-30% of the water. You do this weekly to keep nitrates from building up.

Yes, I do have one. I have a 55-gallon with a black oscar, albino oscar, and a midas cichlid.

IMG_3054.jpg

Thats awesome. To big for my room, and I personally like lots of small ones rather then a few large ones. I have ~27 fish in my 30 gallon tank.

Here are the pics

From my bed in the light
IMG_0737.jpg

In the Dark
IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

That's a nice setup Arrizx. I kinda wish I did a bunch of smaller fish instead of 3 big ones. I can't add anymore because it's already overstocked with those three cichlids, and they're only gonna get bigger lol.

Be careful with those Bala Sharks and Silver dollars, they get big if they don't die.

Back
Top Bottom