Issue with new hardware...

What kind of PSU are you using. Are you sure you have enough juice getting to that card?

/Agree , What Brand/wattage/modelnumber PSU are you running? Also if you have a PSU with multiple 12V rails you might be overloading A rail (causing power flux) while leaving some unused X.x

Did you install the drivers from the CD? If so, delete them and go to the website and download them. Is your motherboard PCI Express 2.0 compatible? With everything on high, full options at 8x multi sampling, on 1680x1050. I get an average of 25-30 in highly populated areas and easily 80+ on isolated areas.

His motherboard doesn't have a VGA port on it, if I looked up the correct one.

I'd try the latest drivers off Nvidia's website and see what happens.

Could someone please help me with this problem, there is no way that I am supposed to be getting these kinds of frames with the computer hardware that I have.

P.S. I have tried the 178.24 and 178.16 drivers for my card, as well as the new drivers. Which I found out that the newer drivers clocks the graphics card down when you play games or something.

Please someone reply, I know this is an old thread but I need help with this.

What kind of PSU are you using. Are you sure you have enough juice getting to that card?
Insufficient power would cause crashes/lockups/reboots but not reduced performance.
Could someone please help me with this problem, there is no way that I am supposed to be getting these kinds of frames with the computer hardware that I have.
Another member of this forum is having the same issues with his HD 4870, my guess is the problem is not linked to the video card.

Alright, but I just don't understand, do you think that calling blizzard would help or not? I have a 650W Antec Power supply with the 2X6pin PCI Express connectors, but there is no avail. Thanks for the reply though.

Back
Top Bottom