Getting into audio...

No, I havn't. Those Bookshelves you posted in the Random Chit Chat thread looked good, but they where in the US... If I had £130, and needed a Reciever and a pair of speakers, would I be able to get somthing reasonable?

There are plenty of decent options out there. Give me an exact budget excluding the receiver. I have a few in mind.

Well, it's my birthday soon. So, INCLUDING the reciever around £130. That Marantz only has x2 30W RMS... Hmm.

Well, it's my birthday soon. So, INCLUDING the reciever around £130. That Marantz only has x2 30W RMS... Hmm.

I hope you know watts don't mean everything. If you have a pair of efficient speakers, you don't need an overly powerful receiver.

I know that they dont mean everything... But I know that it plays a role in the quality of the speaker. Well, at least i thought so :)

I know Klipsch speakers are normally very efficient at handling power, as well as most sound reinforcement speakers.

I know that they dont mean everything... But I know that it plays a role in the quality of the speaker. Well, at least i thought so :)

No. I can have a 10W speaker that sounds about 100x better than a 300W speaker.

Its how much power they can handle, or something of that nature. Basically, the general rule for Watts is the more watts the more volume they can pump out.

Back
Top Bottom