HELP!!! Error trying to get into my computer

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
avast anti-virus caught this, so i moved it to the chest and now i am not able to go to my computer....

untitled-1.jpg

This might help. "How do you remove recycler virus found in hard disk?"

Answer
Use a batch file (Example.bat) to change it from to a non hidden and a non read only file. It will convert it to a deletable folder and delete it. Do not delete the Autorun file because I found that the virus changed one of my documents to the autorun.

@Echo off

ATTRIB -S -A -H -R

Pause

Then if no errors come up after running the batch right click on RECYCLER folder and click delete.

Make sure the Batch is in the drive not the subdirectry.

(Example) - DriveLeter>Example.bat

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_remove_recycler_virus_found_in_hard_disk

Either that or Avast has reported a false positive.

You could be looking at an mbr trojan according to the description provided on one BitDefender thread seen at http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=7333

Another thing to suggest would be starting a thread in the security section and post a HiJack This log there to see if one of the security mods can help if none of this works.

I stay away from Avast to begin with. Every time I've tried it out here I end up dumping it to try another or simply go back to the free version of AVG.

I have noticed quite a few prompts by AVG with the "trojan detected" label when going to make large transfers from one drive to another with items simply seeing the exe file extension telling me AVG was being a little overprotective since normal scans remain clean of the drives and folders.

If Avast has the "heal" option you should be able to move that out of the virus vault to see normal functions return. That would show if Avast was seeing it as a false positive.

ok but the thing is, you were saying to change it from a hidden file to a batch file... its being labeled as a archive file not a hidden file... this is the only time ive ever had trouble with avast...

Back
Top Bottom