Police

There is no such thing as permanent if you are under the age of 18....Once you become an adult your juvenille record is off limits to any potential employers and things like that that do background checks. The court system will always be able to see it unless you pay to get it expunged but if they dont press charges there will be nothing there....But if the do press charges even if you are found not guilty it will still be on your record that there was charges pressed it will just say dropped...

And by the way in the OP you said this was hypothetical didn't you???:D:D:D
Yep, it is hypothetical :)

Thanks for that one, that's what I was really wondering. So if I do get convicted, I can still get my record expunged?

Yep, it is hypothetical :)

Thanks for that one, that's what I was really wondering. So if I do get convicted, I can still get my record expunged?

as long as you are under 18 and the charge goes on your juvenille record than yes...But anything that is on your adult record is permanent

I guess what I really want to know is what do you guys think the chances are that they'll press charges?

And if I get a misdemeanor, is that permanent? Do I have to list that on job applications and such?

I don't think it'll be permanent if your under 18. I'm not 100% sure though, it could be different where I am.

Haha looks like we have another partyboy on these forums :D

I didn't even mean to get that messed up...I had like 7-8 shots...must've been the empty stomach.

My friend's cousin is a pretty good lawyer, he said the doubts they will press charges, they're probably just trying to scare me.

I didn't even mean to get that messed up...I had like 7-8 shots...must've been the empty stomach.

My friend's cousin is a pretty good lawyer, he said the doubts they will press charges, they're probably just trying to scare me.

and it worked.

btw, 7-8 shots is a shitload on an empty stomach

if you haven't had charges laid against you by now I think you're in the clear. They would have arrested you instead of calling your parents to come pick you up if they were planning to act on it.

I concur.

As for your dilemma, I wouldn't bee too worried. Get a good night's sleep and enjoy your Monday. Nothing is going to happen, the Police just wanted to scare you off partying. If they wanted to arrest you they would have already done so.

like I said, liability.

So chances are you are safe. Just do yourself a favor and tell the truth next time. It will get you further in life.

Back
Top Bottom