Dropshipping - The Final word.

Yeah there is that risk,but i havnt encountered that but i noticed that the US Ebay has MUCH More Stuff.
It sure does, there are a lot of people dropshipping which is why it's hard to make your listings stand out from the rest and make people want to buy yours over someone elses. A lot of times there are dozens of listings selling the exact same product. You need to do some research on what is selling at a particular time so that you can have a better chance to sell. You gotta do a little homework for the US ebay market.

Drop shipping is alright but the market changes really quick on sites like eBay.

I used to do it a while back and made some decent money for a bit. The trick was pricing the product vs shipping prices and figuring out a way to beat competitors while still making a profit.

In the drop ship world this usually means little return but more sales to make up for the lower profit margin per product.

Trouble is after a few weeks people that watch the market place catch on and mimic your selling strategy. The market gets saturated and the paypal/ebay fee's can result in a loss. Then you have to move onto another hot item.

It wasn't out of the ordinary for my bank account to have 10K plus surges from sales. Granted of that 10K only a few hundred was actually my earned income.

My problem ended with the lack of options. With drop shipping you generally only have so many options of what you can sell. And people surfing for the same thing easily pick up on it. Its hard to keep a market this way.

I no longer use ebay or paypal because its become a scammers paradise. Paypal offers virtually no seller protection.

I've thought about getting back into it a few times. Only thing I would do different is buy from a liquidation site and cut out the middle man. This requires substantial invests and moderate risk.

A little tip for those curious about finding sites. Take a look at some of the power sellers. Some are dumb enough to use the hosting sites

meh, for £100 a week, its not really worth all the time you put into it.. part time job would be alot more productive..

meh, for £100 a week, its not really worth all the time you put into it.. part time job would be alot more productive..

That's like what, $150 USD per week? That is actually fairly nice. It would be good for someone like me as I have school from 8 to 5 and have almost no time for a real job. If I could get a real job, that's about how much I would make a week too.

I was quoting what mark was saying, but still, 60 or so dollars a week, is alright for someone like me. He used the GBP sign in his figure, so I was a little confused.. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom