Music Collection taking up too much space!

aquaforever

Beta member
I have 30 or so albums on my computer and it's taking up most of my memory. I just reformatted the hard drive so I don't have any old files or programs that I don't use taking up space. I have a 120GB Zune mp3 player but I don't even have enough memory on my computer to download 120 GB worth of music and movies. Is there a way to directly transfer files from a DVD or CD to my Zune without taking up space on my hard drive? Or should I buy more memory for my computer? What is the best way to fix this problem?

I have 30 or so albums on my computer and it's taking up most of my memory. I just reformatted the hard drive so I don't have any old files or programs that I don't use taking up space. I have a 120GB Zune mp3 player but I don't even have enough memory on my computer to download 120 GB worth of music and movies. Is there a way to directly transfer files from a DVD or CD to my Zune without taking up space on my hard drive? Or should I buy more memory for my computer? What is the best way to fix this problem?

You can buy a small external hard drive. Or, just buy another hard drive and put them into a RAID setup.

Download to computer, transfer to zine, delete from computer?

X2.

I think you can transfer songs from the Zune to the PC too if needed, I havent tried it yet, but i think i read it somewhere.

yeah, buying another HDD is the best solution, but having it only to your Zune is a free solution.

Yes, there is a way. First, Go to the nearest Library near you
Step 2: Go onto one of the computers in the Library and put in your disc/dvd.
Step 3: Take all the files from the Disc to the computer. (In my library each user gets almost relatively admin privileges [As in you can save files and all])
Step 4: Those files on the computer, transfer it onto your Zune via USB.

Step 5: Enjoy.

P.S It may not work on some Library computers because a friend of mine, the library he goes to doesn't allow him to save anything on the computer itself, but in the one I go to, it does.

~EnviousX

Buy an external HD, or instal another one in your pc. Then you can move the music files onto the new hd and free up space on your main hard drive for programs and things.

You have a very small hard drive indeed, or your ripping the music in WAVE format if 30 albums is using up all your space :p
Thats only approx 420 tracks at 14 tracks an album, so ripping at even 320kbps if your not using lossless would only use up around 4GB's :p

You have a very small hard drive indeed, or your ripping the music in WAVE format if 30 albums is using up all your space :p
Thats only approx 420 tracks at 14 tracks an album, so ripping at even 320kbps if your not using lossless would only use up around 4GB's :p

Yeah there has to be a problem here cuz like you said kage 30 albulms is not going to take up much room at all I've got over 900 songs on my 4gb ipod so for 30 albums you could get away with buying a small flash drive...:D:D

Back
Top Bottom