Sound card freezes after extended playback

sk8boider

Beta member
Hello, I have a Toshiba Satellite X205 SLI 2 that I bought about half a year ago. It's been working great, except that recently I've found a sound issue. I like to sleep with music playing, which I do through the computer. The past few weeks, however, I've noticed that whenever I wake up, the song it was playing is basically skipping; it's looping a 1 to 2 second interval of the song. At first, I thought a background process had locked up the program, but I quickly found out that wasn't it because after closing the process and trying to load another media player, it didn't work at all and whatever media player I tried to run after that wouldn't even load completely. Then I thought it was just a configuration issue with winamp. However, it locked up with WMP as well. The only media player so far that hasn't done it yet is VLC, but unfortunately it is less customizable than winamp, which I prefer. I found I could fix it by rebooting, but obviously I'd prefer to just avoid it.

My specs are:
Toshiba Satellite X205 SLI 2 (Laptop)
2 GB DDR2 RAM
2.1 Ghz Intel T8100
Dual Geforce 8600 GT's
Dual 160 GB SATA HDD's

Sound card specs for my laptop are hard to find for some reason. I can say that it has 4 speakers, a sub on the bottom, headphone, microphone, line in, and optical jacks on the front, and a HDMI port on the side. Also, note that I am outputting sound through SRS Audio Sandbox.

Any help with this would be great. If you know what the problem is, PM me.

hey i figured it out...just wanted you guys to know that SRS Audio Sandbox was the culprit...but its all good now

It's good of you to tell us the cause. Most people would just not bother! Any other problems, just shout.

Back
Top Bottom