limited to 80gb? no way can it be true

The max for XP is 2gb (32-bit).

Also,HP is telling you *Crap*,

The maximum amount of physical memory that can be installed on that model laptop is 2gb. That's what the HP rep was pointing out there.

With 4gb installed on the system here XP will see about 3-3.12gb out of that while Vista SP1 and 7 beta are seeing some 3.581gb total with about 2.8gb free after Windows and all startups. Both list 4gb in the system properties.

The maximum amount of physical memory that can be installed on that model laptop is 2gb. That's what the HP rep was pointing out there.

With 4gb installed on the system here XP will see about 3-3.12gb out of that while Vista SP1 and 7 beta are seeing some 3.581gb total with about 2.8gb free after Windows and all startups. Both list 4gb in the system properties.

hey buddy you didnt read everything i know the max is 2gb what we were talking about with hp telling me crap is the max size of hard drive

neo thank you

damn man i hada go threw 10 hp reps to finly get one of them to tell me the limiting factor and heres what the rep said so i think im gunna go with a 80 gb HD i was a lil worried thats y i was so presistent with them but damn it took 10 reps to tell me that simple fact

"I would like to inform you that the Motherboard is the component which sets the limitations to the devices connected to it and also the BIOS plays a vital role in accepting or denying the devices connected to the Motherboard. Additionally, I regret to inform you that HP does not have any tested information with the harddrives more than 80GB, due to these reason we recommend you to purchase the 80GB for your notebook. "

yeah i went threw hp site and tryed to update my bios and other drivers and eachone after it gets down loaded and installed it popes up and says its not for my pc when i check all the specs there the same thing the dates are even right i dont get it iv checked couple of other driver sites and they have alll the same drivers but i cant downloaded them without payin for there monitering programs to keep them updated i have f.11 bios and the updated is f.22 couple years ago i got a email from hp to update my drivers cuz they found a problem with them and i was able to update them then but im not able to anymore

so dus everyone think the hp rep has no clue what there sayin and larger then 80 gb hd will fit or should i follow what they say and get a 80gb hd

I Think you should go straight to the manufacturers website for drivers (example,if you have an ATI Graphics card,go to the ATI Site dor drivers) instead of going through HP.

I would get a 160gb hardrive.

ok thank you ill probly order tomarrow

ok i never thought about goin to there website illl search for them

I'm sure the HP rep is correct when he says they they haven't tested anything larger than an 80GB drive in that machine. It is fairly old and I'm sure they really didn't think about providing upgrades for it. You probably safe with going for a larger drive.

Back
Top Bottom