help me choose a version of VISTA!!!!

i looked at Creatives site and my X-Fi Audio card isnt supported for vista :(
should i spend the 50 or so and get a 5.1 X-Fi Gamer card? or will it be supported in Vista.

I'd go with 64bit. I have it. It's very nice, fast and pretty stable. But really, it's up to you.

so far it looks like i will
i just have to write or type everything out that relys on Drivers
then do some research and see if it is suppored for 64 bit
but there are some accessories that just dont say if they are or not
i guess an email is in order

If your your just upgrading from an os i would just wait for windows 7 becuase it's faster xp and vista

Just go Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. Ultimate is just extra money for relatively useless features.

i dont like W7 and i really dont want to wait until 2010 for an OS for the build in my sig that is from scratch
so im not going to wait

so when i see Vista 64 bit SP1 for 99.99
thats Vista and the SP in a bundle correct or all ready installed with the OS

i looked at Creatives site and my X-Fi Audio card isnt supported for vista :(
should i spend the 50 or so and get a 5.1 X-Fi Gamer card? or will it be supported in Vista.

All X-Fi series cards see Vista support. The Audigy 4 line saw Vista support there as well. In fact Creative is the first one to now see beta drivers for 7.

i dont like W7 and i really dont want to wait until 2010 for an OS for the build in my sig that is from scratch
so im not going to wait

so when i see Vista 64 bit SP1 for 99.99
thats Vista and the SP in a bundle correct or all ready installed with the OS

From beta testing 7 so far I've found it generally sees much faster boot and shutdown times over both XP and Vista when loaded with startups. It won't have the "bloated feeling" many complain about in Vista. And some other advancements like being able to install the 64bit versions there with more then 2gb of memory installed on the system.

Back
Top Bottom