Police

@ Poker, they take your name incase anything happens they know where to put the blame.

Just pray they don't press charges, and no one from that party got in an accident of something.

I don't think I made the situation clear enough, sorry. Basically after giving them false information, they searched me and took my cell phone. They called my parents and got my real info, then had my parents come pick me up. I also didn't have any alcohol on me, it was someone else's.

I was thinking since I was under the influence, I could get out of the charges for lying...I really have no idea about these types of things though. The cop (who was a huge jerk) said that since I lied it could be a misdemeanor. If I hadn't I would've just gotten sent home and nothing else.

They're letting me know on Monday if they're going to press charges.

Oh yeah, and it was a dance, loads of other kids got caught drinking too. I'm hoping that since so many kids got caught, they can't really press charges.

LOL! They can press charges against the whole lot of ya. Just because "everybody is doing it" doesn't mean they'll let you off with just a warning.

I worded that wrong...I meant more like hopefully they won't since it would be a huge pain to press charges on a hundred kids or more. Like everyone there was drunk.

No offense to cops, but some of them are huge jerks. The guy was like I love when we catch prettyboys like you. Seriously? And there was this girl next to me who looked like she was dying of alcohol poisoning, rolling around the floor moaning, and they were laughing at her.

Around here, they usually just arrest the person who had the party. And there isn't really anyone providing the alcohol other than the stores themselves. There is a little grocery store in town that will sell to a couple minors.
One time a couple of my friends were at a big house party, and were in the front room looking out the window at the cop cars in the driveway. They were whispering to each other very loudly, "Should we run?" "Yeah man, we can go out the back or something..." The answer they got was, "Don't bother running boys." Turns out, the cars had been there for a couple minutes, and the cop was right behind them, lol. The cops got the info of the girl having the party, dumped all the alcohol, and left. Apparently they missed a case though, haha.

Another time, my friend had a little get togethor, and had everyone park in or behind the barn. The neighbors called the police to complain about noise. They didnt have any music or anything playing, but the neighbors needed an excuse since they saw all the cars pulling in possibly. The cops knocked on the door(didnt see the 5-6 cars) and asked my friend to keep it down, and left. No one got in trouble.

Guess they don't care a whole lot, as cops drink too, and drank when they were young most likely. They will usually just ticket the person with the party.

If you don't lie to them, they should just give you a citation. Nothing too major. But, it will be on your record.

I guess what I really want to know is what do you guys think the chances are that they'll press charges?

And if I get a misdemeanor, is that permanent? Do I have to list that on job applications and such?

I guess what I really want to know is what do you guys think the chances are that they'll press charges?

And if I get a misdemeanor, is that permanent? Do I have to list that on job applications and such?

Anyone who requests a Police background check has full access to your criminal record. It's up to them whether or not to give you a job or not, depending on what they find.

In the UK, most companies will ask you to list criminal convictions on the form and will sack you if they find you lied about it. So yes, best to be honest.

So in the UK it's perfectly fine to lie to the police? That's good to know. :rolleyes:

Nope, lying to the Police here gets you in mucho trouble. At the very worst, you'll go to prison for perverting the course of justice and people can get years for that.

Also, getting charged with wasting police time won't do you any favours either.

There is no such thing as permanent if you are under the age of 18....Once you become an adult your juvenille record is off limits to any potential employers and things like that that do background checks. The court system will always be able to see it unless you pay to get it expunged but if they dont press charges there will be nothing there....But if the do press charges even if you are found not guilty it will still be on your record that there was charges pressed it will just say dropped...

And by the way in the OP you said this was hypothetical didn't you???:D:D:D

Nope, lying to the Police here gets you in mucho trouble. At the very worst, you'll go to prison for perverting the course of justice and people can get years for that.

Also, getting charged with wasting police time won't do you any favours either.
Well, you better have a chat with this bloke:
well i dont know about the us but in the uk absolutely nothing would happen.
:D

Back
Top Bottom