Free AVG failing to update....

Remeniz

Fully Optimized
Anyone else having this problem?

I've been using Free AVG for about 8 months now and only recently it is failing to update itself.

Either I get a message saying that 'It cannot connect to the server' or, last week, something about a corrupt '.Bin File'. And then it will take a few manual updates to sort it out.

Anyone else having problems with AVG?

I'm willing to try out any other good free anti-virus software if you care to suggest any.

did you try manual update???

Edit***sorry didn't fully read the post....

Yeah mine did that a couple weeks ago but after I manually updated it it hasn't happened again since...Here is a real life AV test done by Neodude, Very helpful

Thanks for the response peeps! :eek:

What version are you running

AVG Version 8.0.233
Program Version 8.0.233
Virus Database Version 270.10.19/1938
Release Date 06 February 2009. 17:28

Got all the above from the 'About AVG' page.

did you try manual update???

Edit***sorry didn't fully read the post....

Yeah mine did that a couple weeks ago but after I manually updated it it hasn't happened again since...Here is a real life AV test done by Neodude, Very helpful

lol! I had resort to a manual updates when it says that my virus database is out of date because it won't update itself at 0900hrs every day, like it used to.

I'll try that test by Neodude though.

I had similar problems with AVG 7.5 but since my update to 8, i've not encountered these yet.

My wife just ran into this problem. I had her shut the program down then restart it. It connected right away and updated upon restart.

Back
Top Bottom