limited to 80gb? no way can it be true

hippiehill

Baseband Member
ok so few days ago my hard drive failed in my laptop and i emailed hp and they say that they dont know if anything larger then 80gb 5400rpm hard drive will work... can it be true? is it the other hardware that is causing the limit or is it software?

hp pavilion ze2000
mobile AMD Sempron processor 2800+ 1.59Ghz
256 MB RAM
30GB hd
windows XP HE SP3 V2002
Bios version F .11
video memory 32 mb
mobo-- Quanta modle 3096

ok good thats what i wanted to hear
is the max ram for xp 1gb i dont remember for sure i beleave i was reading that sumwere i hope not cuz id like to put 2 gb of ram in

this is what one hp rep said
"The specifications of hard drive in the URL provided by you might not support, as the maximum capacity of the hard drive that your notebook can accomodate is 80GB. Hence, I suggest you to order the hard drive from the link we provided in the previous correspondence. "

and here what another hp rep said
" I would like to inform that HP does not have tested information with 80GB, 5400 RPM hard drive specification. Hence, I request you to purchase the hard drive with specification provided in the previous E-mail.I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard."

lol damn hp i didnt wonna beleave them so i think im gunna get the 250gb WD HD

do you think id see a diff in my pc if i ran 1 1gb and 1 stock 256mb rather then running 2 1gb ram?

do i needa get a anti static belt befor i change that HD?

i dont wonna clone everything from my old HD just certen stuff like OS drivers sum pics vids would you recommend burning my pics and vids on to cds befor i pull the HD or get a exsternal HD case and transfer everything that way after i change the HD?

i have a couple virus/spyware that i cant find no program will find them i cant do a google search then click and go to the page i have to right click and open in new tab/window or else i will get sent to sum stupid site

You might want to continue looking. That's an older laptop and the size of the ram and the drive may be limited by the bios. You may want to google some laptop forums before you go buy some thing you get stuck with and can't use.

I Checked the laptop specs for him,It's definately max 2gb :)

Also i recomend getting an external hardrive and copy your movies/music/photos (Or whatever you want to backup) to that,and then swap out the hardrive,then reinstall Windows.

Also,I Would just get 2x 1gb RAM.

No,You dont need an anti static belt.

When you reinstall windows,they will be cleared.I Recomend you install AVG once you have reinstall windows.

Back
Top Bottom