A final and definite answer to the most common question in computing this year.

Well from those two choices...it really all boils down to what your pc will be used for. If its for gaming of any sort...i'd say XP. If its just for everyday use such as email and sitting here on CF...then Vista. But i would recommend Linux instead of Vista IMO. Another suggestion...why not just wait for Windows 7 if you much stick with Windows.

Vista Home Premium.

I recently upgraded from XP Pro and have not seen any drop off in gaming performance. I actually like gaming better on Vista as it uses DX10 and supported games look "real purty". I haven't had any issues with any incompatible drivers nor software.

Thanks guys. I think i'll be going VHP mainly because that way an upgrade to W7 is bound to be easier, plus i rather do want DX10 graphic capability.

Where is the cheapest UK location to buy VHP? Does anyone know, plus, could Lukas (or anyone else who knows) possibly give me a little insight into Ubuntu, what does it support, how well does it perform, how easy is it to set up on a partition.

Cheers Atomic, i'll bookmark that and look about.

Anyone introduce me to Ubuntu?

Isnt there something soon that when you buy Vista you get a cheap upgrade to W7? Maybe summer of 2009 that starts?

That was one of my reasons for looking to get vista, cheaper upgrades to W7.
Vista users deserve a big discount really though, compensation, if nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom