Help!!!!!

familyman1

In Runtime
i unplugged my pc to move it to another room yesterday and now it will barely boot up. sometimes it freezes when it is booting up. i thought it was the hard drive so i bought a new one and tried to do a fresh install of my xp and it takes forever to install. it actually stops every time at 35 minutes till finished. is it possibly the mother board? it worked like a champ right before i shut down windows and moved it to the other room.

could be the ram?
Try removing one stick of ram and re-running the installation. Also, i would open your pc up, and make sure all the parts and connectors are tightly secure...who knows; perhaps somethiing came lose while transporting. otherwise, i doubt its the motherboard, because if it was...chances are you wouldn't even be able to boot up without any error messages. That being said, do you get any error messages on POST???

They were my first thoughts, but didn't want to mention it cos i wasn't really sure.

I don't think a heavy work load before shut down will have given you any issues

I don't think a heavy work load before shut down will have given you any issues

nah i doubt a pc could be effected like that from a shutdown. Now, that depends if he actually put it in shutdown or suspend perhaps.

all is well again. my windows disc was doa. all of my hardware is just fine. thanks for all of your suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom