Can't Decide on a processor!!

Yeah, there's no stores near any of my relatives or anything. You got me so excited lol. Thanks anyways though, Rohan.

Yeah, there's no stores near any of my relatives or anything. You got me so excited lol. Thanks anyways though, Rohan.

I have a friend who works there. I'm sure he would be able to ship it to you. I'll ask him later tonight. I'll give you an answer by tomorrow.

I have a friend who works there. I'm sure he would be able to ship it to you. I'll ask him later tonight. I'll give you an answer by tomorrow.

Thanks Rohan, It's no problem if he can't, but it would be nice. Also is this site good? To be honest I've never heard of it =X.

Yeah sorry, just call me paranoid, but when i saw it at like 50-70 bucks less than most stores, i got a little suspicious lol. Well, tell me what your friend says about shipping it. Thanks a lot, Rohan.

Dude if you have the money to go for i7 940 without making any critical economic sacrifices go for it. You'll get 250MHz + OC room. If you go with the Core i7 920 you will get some good OC room, probably the same as with the 940, however you'll always be down that 250Mhz. If you think you won't need it, don't get it. The only problem is that if you do need it and you can't get what you need with an OC you'll have to buy a new processor. At the moment, the only thing that would gain from the extra 250MHz is video and sound editing/encoding. However in the future there will be loads more. If you plan on keeping this for a long time, I recommend the 940.

Oh by the way, you'll have a lot of difficulties OC'ing this chip, especially if you haven't had much practice. It has great potential, but you really need to know the hardware. Although you may not have the whooping 4GHz a PII can achieve, I honestly think that this re-designed architecture (which I love by the way, even if it may be similar to the PII) will match if not exceed the OC'ed PII. Raw power is not the only thing that matters...

You can also have a read and decide for yourself: http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/nehalem_core_i7_review/

get the 920, seriously, for the extra money, you can get so much more, like an extra GTX 280 if you add like $30 more, a good computer audio system. blu-ray drive, new cpu cooler.

The 920 is a great processor for the price, don't get me wrong. If he has the money I'd get the 940 though. If the case arrives where he needs extra power, he'll need a new processor, especially if he plans on keeping this for a while. Extra graphical power and such can be easily added after by SLI or something similar.

well dude, i highly doubt he gonna keep the comp for 10 years lol, and even the 940 wont help him their. look at the price difference, around a $300 difference, the 920 will more than greatly edit videos to, the 940 may do it a little bit faster but not $300 difference faster. Both cpu's are really close to each other. I currently own a Q6700 and its not as good as an i7 but it does more than good in video editing, i dont do much of it, im more of a design guy. Im a designer and when i get a customer im designing for over 6 hours a day, my cpu tares through everything.

I know it wont be as good in 2-3 years, but im sure ill get a new cpu by than.

Well if you have the money why not? I mean he's trying to build the best for $2000. If you are always trying to get the best bang-for-the-buck you'll never get the best.

Back
Top Bottom