Can't Decide on a processor!!

GKil164

In Runtime
Well, the title says it all. I've been lucky enough to get a jump on starting my build, and have mostly everything I need. Now, it's down to the processor.

I am definitely getting an Intel core i7 processor, but it is down to the 920 and 940.

The 940 is $565, while the 920 is only $290. Which should I get? If I get the 940, I will have just enough money next thursday. If I get the 920, I can buy it right away. I want the 920, for its price, but I wanted to know how much power am i sacrificing. Will I notice a big difference between the two?

Thanks

I already got your advice!!! lol I need some fresh perspective. Maybe Joga? lol

Hmmm well then I might be ordering the rest of my build tomorrow night. I just was really weary about the possible difference in performance.

Hmmm well then I might be ordering the rest of my build tomorrow night. I just was really weary about the possible difference in performance.

They are really close to each other performance wise and with that price difference IMHO it not even close to worth it... the benchmarks are really close to each other I can't think of any type of justification for that big of a price difference...

You know you can order a i7 920 from Micro Center for only $229.

http://www.microcenter.com/storefronts/intel/nov_promo.html
I dont think its even close now....Go with the 920

Rohan, is that site only in-store pickup? because i didn't see a shipping option, and there are no stores even close to me, like not in my state lol.

Rohan, is that site only in-store pickup? because i didn't see a shipping option, and there are no stores even close to me, like not in my state lol.

Ah, I'm sorry. I was just trying to save you some money. If you have a relative or a friend, you could have it shipped to you. You would still save $60+.

Back
Top Bottom