Ubuntu 8.10 = Awesomeness!

I recently reinstalled it so there wasn't much on it.

I don't ever think of one OS being better than another, since they ARE 2 (or 3) totally different operating systems.

i kno...i am just playing around. I still use all 3 myself lol :)

i dumped OS X off my mac to use Vista...then dumped Vista off my Mac to replace it with finally ubuntu.

What the hell were you thinking? you dumped OS X off a Mac for vista, are you nuts or just confused? I can understand getting rid of Vista for Ubuntu, but I would put OS X back on at some point. I am getting a Mac at some point too so that I can understand all three platforms, but you can do everything from command so it is all good.

Cheers!

I made a little 2GB partition for Ubuntu. I'll install it later. THEN I'll have to install OS X again but that's not hard.

What the hell were you thinking? you dumped OS X off a Mac for vista, are you nuts or just confused? I can understand getting rid of Vista for Ubuntu, but I would put OS X back on at some point. I am getting a Mac at some point too so that I can understand all three platforms, but you can do everything from command so it is all good.

Cheers!

only reason for my Vista need was for school. but then i just ended up buying a desktop which runs Vista. So then i decided i would just use Linux :)

Ehh, I decided to dump Linux. Why?

Since I formatted my previous 12GB Linux partition to install Mac OS X, I made a 2.5GB partition on my primary HDD for Linux. I installed it there, and I set my Vista partition as active so I can get into Vista. I then played around with EasyBCD so I can add an entry in Vista's bootloader so I can boot into Ubuntu, but I haven't been able to get it working. I can't even browse the files on the ext3 partition with any of those ext3 tools, so I think it because corrupted when I set the Vista partition active. SO, I gave up. Maybe I'll take it on on another day.

Back
Top Bottom