whats a good temperature monitoring program?

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
I have a P4 and a lot of the ones i know don't work with the processor for some reason. Is there another program out there that is compatible with P4's?

alright i'll give it a try. altho i think i have already tried the HWMonitor. and i think that CPU-z also didn't work cause of compatibility issues. well i'll give it another shot anyhow.

alright i'll give it a try. altho i think i have already tried the HWMonitor. and i think that CPU-z also didn't work cause of compatibility issues. well i'll give it another shot anyhow.

Let us know if it worked, also CPUZ doesnt show temps :)

Let us know if it worked, also CPUZ doesnt show temps :)

o i know that. but when i went to get a profile of my cpu...i was greeted with an error indicating my cpu was not supported. So I assume it'll be the same error i'll get with what you mentioned above. but i'll give it a shot when i get home tonight.

What version of CPU-Z were you running? You could try CoreTemp, RealTemp, or Everest Home Edition if HWMonitor doesn't work.

CPUID u need "HWMonitor" (Not sure if 100% compatible) try it

http://www.cpuid.com/

Worked! Thanks for your help everyone.

CPUzpic.jpg

It's the winbond chip where the compatibility issue comes in play. There are some many different models and some software only works with certain models. Older versions of MBM5 would let you select the version off a list in the program. If your chip was one on the list it work relatively ok. But if it wasn't on the list you got some funky reading you just knew were way off base.
ASUS has several board monitoring programs. There should be one on the mother board cd that came with the board.

ASUS has several board monitoring programs. There should be one on the mother board cd that came with the board.

yup...you are correct, i am using the Asus Probe that came with the driver disk. But i just wanted a second program to compare accuracy!

Back
Top Bottom