Ubuntu 8.10 = Awesomeness!

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
I installed Ubuntu 8.10 on my PC yesterday and it's AMAZING! Even though Firefox takes a little bit longer to start up than in Vista, it's still nice.

I installed Wine and Firefox 3 (that I have installed on my Vista partition) runs just fine. I'll try a few games later. If I can get MS Office 2007 working properly then I might not even have to go into Vista. Well, I probably would, but yeah.

The Compiz Fusion effects are SOOOO FUCKING COOL! Too bad Windows/OS X doesn't have it...it was just the coolest thing I've ever seen happen on a computer!

So yeah...just thought I could share my happiness.

nice to see another ubuntu user.

are you running 64 or 32?
i have 64bit on my macbook running...and i have problems with the odd time it hangs when i log in. I think its a bug...cause it happens very rarely...but still kinda annoying lol.

glad you like it tho!

Well, Ubuntu definitely isn't going to replace Vista, but it is pretty slick.

isn't going to replace vista? why not? i dumped OS X off my mac to use Vista...then dumped Vista off my Mac to replace it with finally ubuntu. Dude, linux is the "stable" way to role lol :D

There are just some things that Mac OS X can't do and some things that Linux can't do. Windows has always been the best at everything (gaming, productivity work, etc).

yes to gaming.

but productivity...i beg to differ. and linux is way way more stable...IMO :)

Eh but a pen and paper is way more stable than linux... it's just missing spell check ^_^

Oh my fucking god...I just found out that the Linux partition I made was formatted and made from my Mac OS X partition, so all that's gone.

Oh my fucking god...I just found out that the Linux partition I made was formatted and made from my Mac OS X partition, so all that's gone.

why are you worried...who cares...Linux is better :D hehe

now...i hope you backed up whatever was important tho lol

Eh but a pen and paper is way more stable than linux... it's just missing spell check ^_^

very very true...

I recently reinstalled it so there wasn't much on it.

I don't ever think of one OS being better than another, since they ARE 2 (or 3) totally different operating systems.

Back
Top Bottom