4850 X2...

Shantei

In Runtime
I'm thinking of buying this GPU for another comp, however .. I'm not sure whether to dish out an extra £40 ($80 obv) for the 2GB version, or stick with the 1Gb... Would there be much performance gain from the 2Gb or should I stick with the 1Gb and save money?

I've heard some gooood reviewd from the x2. The HD 4850 itself is a greeeeat card, no doubt..but it just depends on your budget.

If you have the extra money, go for it!

I've read online that the 4850 X2 falls right in between the 4870 and the 4870 X2. Don't know if it's true, but you can expect it to be a little better than the 4870.

I'm having some problems some times.. don't know if it's my graphics card or not, but it's a 4870. Just be aware.. the card is HUGE.. takeing up two pci slots, and it's really tall. this is a 4870, not sure about the 50...

Don't know if you've been watching the economy over the last 6 months but £40 aint $80 no more. It's around $58 now. I would stick with the 1gb version but that's because i aint got much money to throw about. Get the 2gb if you want but at the moment it won't be major. The 4850 x2 is a great card though, from what i've heard about it.

No, I don't think it's worth it. In fact, I don't think the card is worth it at all, only Sapphire makes them so it's going to come at a premium. I would rather have a GTX 280 for the same price TBH.

They are more or less the same, but I'd take a single GPU card over a dual GPU if they were the same price.

Back
Top Bottom