Ways to improve graphics card cooling

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
Hey guys i've got my 6600GT 512MB on an insane overclock (for me atleast)

Core 325=465
Memory 533=580 <for some reason its harder to overclock the memory.. idk why

but i never hear the fan on top of the graphics card wind up when its under load, i think it was programmed to stay as quiet as it can. And also my computer is a dell so the stock fan never gets loud so if the computer gets hot it slows down the processor... :(

Is there a way to control the graphic cards fan? And Since i have a btx case there arent many places to put fans, would an exhast fan help?

EDIT: My temps so far in celsius 38min 62high 46avg

RivaTuner

BTW, those temps are just fine.

Exhaust fan may help. In my Raidmax case, there was no place other than the top exhaust fan, so I took out all the PCI slot covers and rigged one up there...but not sure if that'd work since it's BTX...you probably don't have a lot of extra room...

do you think it would be safe for me to go and increase the core clock alittle more or is that risking it?

im not sure what the cut off is, im too afraid to try.

Also that rivatuner did the trick, i set it the fan at 100 and once i was done i could hear it right away thanks

do you think it would be safe for me to go and increase the core clock alittle more or is that risking it?

im not sure what the cut off is, im too afraid to try.

Also that rivatuner did the trick, i set it the fan at 100 and once i was done i could hear it right away thanks

Remember, you can set the fan to start at XX% and switch it to Auto which will increase the fan speed from XX% to 100% as the GPU temperature increases.

Some here like to run the fan at 100% all the time.

Depending on the manufacturer of the card it can be yea. I know it's a 6600GT but there's a wide range of company who's manufacture cards using the 6600GT chip. Who's your card by?

Forsa..

But i dont think upgrading the fan will help because ati tool kept finding artifacts when i set my memory clock to 700mhz (350mhz) and the card wasnt even overheating (temps were at 67C under load, could the temp sensor be off?)

i have the card stable at 500mhz core clock and 680mhz (340mhz) memory clock as of right now

Do you game a lot? I personally don't think it would be worth it to buy a cooler for a graphics card three generations old.

Back
Top Bottom