Car Thread!

A fox-body mustang? As long as you don't do something like they did in The Fast and The Furious: Tokyo Drift... lol

No. Just keeping the original 5.0-litre V8 is good enough.

Besides, that was pure blasphemy what they did in Tokyo Drift. Putting an RB26DETT in a Mustang. :mad:

^^Looks like a header install.

That's on the other side of the engine.

IMG_3034.jpg

The Neon has it's intake manifold on the front huh...most four-pots have their headers on the front and they go under the engine.

Yeah, Dodge went a little different. Honda's K-series is the same way, intake front exhaust rear.

The only trouble I had was one that pulled up next to me and told be to put it on my dash. Besides that they haven't seemed to care, and I drive quite a bit.

The only trouble I had was one that pulled up next to me and told be to put it on my dash. Besides that they haven't seemed to care, and I drive quite a bit.

Oh he actually told you to put it on the dashboard huh? Yeah, generally cops in California don't really care. It's one of those things they cite you for along with another offense.

Personally I don't think putting my plate on the dash is that great of an idea though. Cause most officers just get the impression that you're aware of the front plate law, but you just don't want to follow it. Besides...it's pretty dangerous if you get in a crash.

Yeah, it kinda surprised me too. I wish my front bumper didn't have the holes so I have a good excuse.

On a side note, I love the new intake manifold. Before the power would just kinda fall off past 5500 RPM, but now it just pulls from 4500 RPM to the 6500 RPM redline and sounds a little cooler too.

Ah, yeah my bumper doesn't have mounting holes either.

Nice. Yeah, I'm glad my E36 has the OBDI engine instead of the OBDII. OBDI came with an intake manifold that's wider and more free-flowing than OBDII manifolds, so OBDII engines tended to lose power past 4500RPM or so.

Back
Top Bottom