dam microsoft

Whats the big drama? So what if there is different versions, just buy the one you want. I don't understand the problem.

Microsoft is getting pretty greedy.
I think Im just going to stick with XP (gaming) and Vista (laptop). Until I see an actual reason why i should change OS other than DX10 with minimal graphics difference and an drop in FPS.

Microsoft is getting pretty greedy.
I think Im just going to stick with XP (gaming) and Vista (laptop). Until I see an actual reason why i should change OS other than DX10 with minimal graphics difference and an drop in FPS.

Agreed, I'm sticking with XP.

@XP: Looks like we're going to be together for much longer.

Who the hell uses only 3 simultaneous applications. That's like . . . Firefox, Microsoft Word, and a music player! How stupid is that? Should be worth 10 bucks if you have that. Give it to the schools!
It's for developing nations as 01001010 said. Because Microsoft would rather have them buy an extra cheap version than just pirate it.
I had hoped Microsoft would have stopped producing all these versions. Why couldn't they just sell one operating system to consumers like Apple does with their operating system?
Because Windows needs to be used for more things than OS X. I.E. Business. And sure as hell, no one in Africa or other poor countries is going to shell out a few grand for a Mac.
Whats the big drama? So what if there is different versions, just buy the one you want. I don't understand the problem.
Exactly. 6 versions, so what? 90% of the people on this forum should just have Home Premium. It's not that confusing.
Poor people use Starter/Home Basic.
Typical users use Home Premium
Businesses use Business/Enterprise.
Power users use Ultimate.

And I'm sure 99% of Dells, HPs, etc will use Home Premium. Quit whining guys, it's not that big of a deal. It's far better than them not catering to everyone's needs.

Also - where are you guys getting these price points from? I haven't seen anything announcing any prices for Windows 7 yet.

The big drama is that the W7 Home Premium is $260 while Vista Home Premium is $100. $160 for the same OS except for the fact that it uses a little less RAM and has a little more features? F*** that.

Back
Top Bottom