newb laptop HD? ram?

hippiehill

Baseband Member
i need a new HD for my laptop and im thinkin more ram iv had this laptop for lil over 4 years of daily use and my hd has started giving me trouble i have a few questions

how do i figure out my interface?
what size of hd 2.5"?
how much Cache?
whats most important in speed of a hd?
whats most important in speed of RAM?
how much RAM can i run?
will the RAM help make my laptop faster?

hp pavilion ze2000
mobile AMD Sempron processor 2800+ 1.59Ghz 1600mhz
256 MB RAM
30GB hd
windows XP HE SP3 V2002
Bios version F .11
video memory 32 mb

if there is any other info that you need please say and i will get it to on here right away thank you everyone for your help

Not to be rude but if your lappy is 4 years old the technology has flown by that system. There comes a point in time when it's more cost effective to replace the laptop with some thing new. A 30gig drive for your laptop is going to make you faint. The 30gig to replace the toasted one on my old laptop was $280.00usd. Um, I'll pass on that thank you very much.
I just bide my time and got a killer deal on a brand new HP for $600.00usd. And if you shop around some you can find some down and dirty basic dual core laptops for around $300.00usd.
Like Captain Planet says, " The choice is yours."

im gunna say your wrong cuz iv been matching things up and talking to ppl on other forums and im finding HDs on newegg for 50-75 i cant afford a new laptop i have to fix this one so y come in here and push that stuff i had certen question i asked

if noone on here will help me then hey thats fine have fun

how do i figure out my interface?
ATA-5 Interface. But you can use the later ATA-6 hard drives if you want.
what size of hd 2.5"?
Yes. 2.5" Drives.
how much Cache?
Hard drive cache? You want as much cache as you can get. Excuse the pun. :)
whats most important in speed of a hd?
You want 7200RPM spin speed if you can. If not then 5400RPM is good enough.
whats most important in speed of RAM?
You need 333 MHz, DDR1, PC2700 memory modules. If possible get 2 X 512MB.
how much RAM can i run?
Up to 1GB of RAM.
will the RAM help make my laptop faster?
It will enable you to be more productive on your laptop and you might see an increase in speed.

Use this link and download the manual. It'll help you install the HD, Memory and servicing.

Back
Top Bottom