AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
In places like Dalaran im getting sometimes as low as 11 FPS, my specs are

Phenom 9950 BE @ 3.0Ghz
3GB Kingston Value Ram (pc2 4300)
HIS 4870 1GB
ASUS M3A78-T

Could my RAM be bottle necking me?

How old is the computer? What size screen are you playing at? What graphic settings are you using? In World of Warcraft, you will get low FPS in extremely heavily populated areas. I don't play the game, so I don't know what Dalaran is.

Not that old, most of the hardware is new as of this December. Graphics all all the way up to the max @ 1680x1050 I have current drivers, dalaran is a city where everyone chills.

Not that old, most of the hardware is new as of this December. Graphics all all the way up to the max @ 1680x1050 I have current drivers, dalaran is a city where everyone chills.

Try moving inside the world and note your FPS in every city. Like I said, if there is a lot of people there, you will lag.

But I would have expected better performance, my 7600GT was near the same with gfx on full too, the 4870 does out perform it outside but still, also in GTA4 it doesnt run as smoothly as I would like, but i hear thats a processor issue not gfx.

Uninstall and reinstall your drivers. Try using another card in your system. It may just be something wrong with the card.

I agree with one of the posters above, it really just depends on where you are and how populated the places are. My computer runs 60 fps smoothly in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, but when I hit Outlands and Northrend i get around 25-30.

Back
Top Bottom