piggybacking

KBM

Beta member
Greetings to all.

When I recieved my Inspiron last month I had little trouble linking to my wireless linkseys router. Alll I needed to do was type in the catchphrase or password from my router and was able to use the interrnet and share files from either PC.

My problem is that when my daughter came over today with her pc we tried the same thing. She could connect to the router but could not get a internet connection. Iv tried several things including manually setting the router settings into her wireless card setting to no success. Im sure this can be done. Must be missing something some where. She has XP on her pc if that is any help. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin

Are you positive you are entering the correct password into her's? If you are unsure reset the password to something else and try again.

You say she is able to connect to the router, can she ping your machine and/or the router itself?

We are able to momentarily connect to an (access point) Im assuming this is the router.

I cant remember how to ping.

Start/run/cmd and type ping 127.0.0.1
Why do you want to ping the ip of localhost? This is the ip for a webserver, like apache, the OP would be better of trying to ping 192.168.1.1, or whatever the router ip is.

Also, you aren't trying to piggyback. Piggybacking is when you connect to another persons connection without their knowledge or permission.

Cheers!

Why do you want to ping the ip of localhost? This is the ip for a webserver, like apache, the OP would be better of trying to ping 192.168.1.1, or whatever the router ip is.

Also, you aren't trying to piggyback. Piggybacking is when you connect to another persons connection without their knowledge or permission.

Cheers!

yeah your right not sure what I was thinking. Im use to pinging that here at my job.

Back
Top Bottom