What's more important, KB or mouse?

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I'd set a budget aside for a KB and mouse for my new rig. I'm not seeking suggestions (although i wouldn't mind them), but i AM wondering what you think i should allocate more of the budget too. The mouse or the keyboard. What percentage to each i.e. KB30:70M (for keyboard 30% and 70% to the mouse), and why?

Depends on what you do really. If you're gaming I'd definitely say a mouse. However if you IM, do forums, watch videos, etc. I'd say a keyboard.

I am mainly using my current pc for forums and IM, but the rig i'm building will be mainly for gaming. Should i look for some kind of halfway house. How much difference is there from one KB to another?

The only differences you will notice in keyboards other than ergonomics is features really. Things such as function keys, backlighting, etc. I generally go for design to make sure my wrists are comfortable then I look for durability (spill resistant) and noise.

Cool. I think i'll delegate cash in favour of a nice gaming mouse chiefly. Try to stretch my budget somewhat.

I agree with Joga, you can get a basic keyboard to game with but a more expensive mouse will offer things such as adjustable speed and more accurate movement.

i think it depends on what kind of gaming. if were talking WOW maybe a keyboard. Not to mention you use special keys on even the cheapest keyboards to highlight and select things. if that made sense.

I'd set a budget aside for a KB and mouse for my new rig. I'm not seeking suggestions (although i wouldn't mind them), but i AM wondering what you think i should allocate more of the budget too. The mouse or the keyboard. What percentage to each i.e. KB30:70M (for keyboard 30% and 70% to the mouse), and why?

If you are writing proposals for World Bank Projects in Third World countries for a Consulting Firm, then I say keyboard, especially if you have to type all day. However, I have been using my DELL keyboard that came with my PC 5 years ago, and it's OK.

If you are gaming, then a laser mouse from Logitech is the only way to go.

If you are doing a lot of graphics and need to use your mouse a helluva lot, then an MX1000 type laser mouse which is very comfortable is great.

I hope that helped.

Back
Top Bottom