Broken Computer! Please Help

koolkelso

Solid State Member
Hello. My computer's psu fan bearing broke so i decided to buy a new case. I bought a Coolermaster RC335. After i moved the components from one computer to the other it didn't start at all. Nothing showed on the monitor and the monitor displayed no signal detected.

The fans were spinning and the motherboard power light was on so i was pretty sure it wasn't the motherboard, although not that sure as i dont have a huge knowledge of computers. A few processor pins were bent so i thought this was probably the problem. I bought a new processor and I also bought new ram at the same time.

After i installed this still nothing showed on the screen, however the cd drive turned on and was able to open. I read a few solutions and one said the voltage might be wrong. So i stupidly switched the voltage from 220 to 110. I pressed the power button and huge sparks came from the computer and a burnt smell too. Now im fairly sure i've broken the psu but im not sure if i've broken anything else.

Is there anyway to know what the original problem was and anyway to fix it? Also is there anyway to know if i've fried my PSU and all my other components.

Current Setup
Asus M2NMX SE+ motherboard
AMD 6000+ processor
4 gig Kingston 800 ddr2 ram
Gigabyte 2400 Radeon Pro
330 watt thermaltake psu
BenQ E2200HD Monitor
Vista Ultimate 64 bit
WD 750 gb hard drive (SATA)

any help is appreciated!

I know this is a strange request, but did you use your mobile (cell phone) to record the whole thing? If so, it would be one helluva hit if you posted it on YouTube. :eek:

You've made my day!! :p

I'm sorry but this is the funniest post I've read in a long time. But it sounds like your system is toast, I recommend just getting a new one. Sparks + Smoke + Computer = Buy a new computer

These kinds of posts are in no way helpful.

Mean while Kelso, have you connected your monitor up to your grpahic card or your motherboard? Connect to your mother board first as this is mroe liekly to give you an image off the bat. Then once signed in and everything, download and install drivers for the graphics card. When you've tried this let us know if it helped and we can carry on from there.

I know this is a strange request, but did you use your mobile (cell phone) to record the whole thing? If so, it would be one helluva hit if you posted it on YouTube. :eek:

You've made my day!! :p

I'm sorry but this is the funniest post I've read in a long time. But it sounds like your system is toast, I recommend just getting a new one. Sparks + Smoke + Computer = Buy a new computer

Please don't reply with useless posts. People come here for help, not to be judged. To the OP, it's hard to say. It may have only been your PSU. If your parts are fairly new, you do have a warranty on them. Just don't tell them what you did. See if you can find an older power supply to test the system. Or, just go to a friend's house and try your parts in their build.

I tried an old PSU i had lying around and it got to the same stage as before. Power lights were on, fans were spinning, screen said no signal detected. I was told to start it up without my ram and when i did constant beeps came out.

I was connecting it through my video card and when i go through the motherboard the exact same thing happens. Power comes on, fans start spinning but nothing shows on screen.

Try removing the video card from the slot and booting from the motherboard video output only. If you still have the same problem your motherboard is gone.

Only use 1 stick of RAM. Take everything out of your computer and reseat it. It seems like something is loose. Put your RAM into slots which are right next to each other. Not alternating ones.

My previous test was without a video card and with only one stick of ram. Is the motherboard gone? Ill be happy if its the motherboard, if its anything but the hard drive its okay really lol

Thanks for everyone's help so far

Back
Top Bottom