Strange graphic issues

Quick question, How do you Install/Uninstall the drivers when updating or rolling back?

I just uninstalled the current drivers using add/remove programsthen found an install file for the older drivers on my computer.

But, my temperatures did seem a bit hot to me, i did clean out my whole case with an air compressor and cleaned out all the dust, including the headstink of my video card, and put some extra fans in. I might try and put some extra heat paste or whatever u call it on the card, see if that helps with the temps.

Any more advice on lowering the temps would be helpful :)

And i still havnt had any problems with the graphics, But im not sure that the problem has dissapeard.

The Temps seem fine, mines run about 80c when it gets full load (I set that up through Rivatuner). These cards can go above 100c, I think the 8800GT can go up to 130c?

Its best to install new drivers like this

1. Get new drivers
2. Uninstall the new drivers through the "Add/Remove Programs"
3. Get Driver Sweeper, and Install it
4. Restart your computer
5. Boot into Safe mode, and click No on the "Found New Hardware"
6. Run Driver Sweeper, and clear all remaining Graphics Driver
7. Restart your computer
8. Boot Normally
9. Install New Drivers
10. Restart and Enjoy

Long Process, but this is the best way to install new drivers so the previous wont have any conflict.

The artifacts look heat related, but they could be from corrupted graphics data as well. What frequency is your pci-e slot set to? some boards have a sweet spot and only trial and error will find it, but by default it should be set at 100 mhz. I have mine set at 101 because that is a sweet spot for me with my overclock, and my buddy has his at 110 because that is his sweet spot with his overclock.

My pcie slot is set to auto, which i think is 100mhz by default.
My problem is not heat related. I had the problems when debugging a 3D game i am creating, which at the moment does not require much gpu power at all, gpu temps were at 50c.

Back
Top Bottom